This job is no longer accepting applications.
Outcrop Communications is the North's largest full-service agency specializing in communications, marketing, branding, social media and so much more. With roots in each of Canada's three territories, our team of Outcroppers strongly believes in and lives by our slogan "creative solutions that matter".
Outcrop’s video editor is a creative whiz who handles editing video for client projects. Your role is to bring together raw footage and media and edit these to form videos that are fully ready for viewing. This work involves selecting and organizing footage, sourcing additional media such as music, performing color grading and cleaning up audio, and working with our clients and creatives while trying to meet brisk deadlines. You will also be able to develop shot lists for partners and clients who are doing their own shoots but will want you to edit. You also are able to shoot videos as requested.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assemble and edit footage
- Transform raw footage into full finished video assets that follow a client-driven brand storyline
- Log Broll and Purchased assets into a video library with usage rights.
- Complete video projects for web, social, TV, digital ads, and occasionally other uses
- Perform colour grading, add sound effects and sound editing, record voice overs to support video, select music tracks, and ultimately integrate all this into a finished product
- Develop graphics required including transitional elements, text, subtitles, motion graphics.
- Create and manage Outcrop’s database of finished videos in an accessible and searchable manner
- Meet with clients to help scope their video projects and manage any outside resources needed to complete the project.
- Help plan and schedule any video shoots.
- Finishes videos into multiple formats and logs metadata, plus any acquired rights.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 3+ years of video editing experience
- You are a well-rounded creative person with experience storytelling through video.
- You have technical expertise and knowledge of video, design software.
- You are able to work in a high-pressure environment and are self-directed. While you will have a team of creative problem-solvers to work with you, you will be the only video editor.
- You are flexible with your creative license and understand when to take creative direction in corporate projects.
- Video editing is a task you can perform with extreme precision, sense of timing and attention to detail.
- You’re able to prioritize your time with competing demands.
- Be located in Canada, willing to relocate to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
We recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best teams are those that are diverse which is why we welcome new perspectives.
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Health Benefits
- Relocation support if required.
- Fitness membership support
If you are ready to take on a new challenge or want to discuss this opportunity further, reach out to us today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creative Solutions That Matter