This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you have the gift of the golden pen? Or mouse as it may be. Could you have written this better than we did? If so, let's talk - were looking to add a talented copywriter to our team of Northern-based communications professionals.
Outcrop Communications is the North's largest full-service agency specializing in communications, marketing, branding, social media and so much more. With roots in each of Canada's three territories, our team of Outcroppers strongly believes in and lives by our slogan "creative solutions that matter".
We are looking for someone to join our creative team to develop copy for print products, web, social, advertisements and other products. You understand how to target your writing for various audiences as well as how to optimize it for SEO purposes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING.
- Works with the creative team to develop content of outstanding quality for interactive/web, social media, print, broadcast, out-of-home and other forms of promotion for agency and clients
- Writes ads that help to build awareness of client brands, products and product benefits and help to stimulate awareness.
- Strives for excellence in concept/copy, helping the agency to gain recognition for excellent work in ad agency and business communities.
- Oversees copy for creative product from inception through completion to ensure a high level of quality and maintenance of concept through approval of design.
- Creates advertising copy for approval, downloading into design/layout software, etc.
- Researches clients’ products/services/image to ensure the ability to write accurate, on-target copy/concepts for assigned projects.
- Maintains text style templates for the agency and all clients, to assure consistent brand identity across all media.
- Assures that all copy is checked and proofread at the draft and final stages of each project, allowing a “fresh set of eyes” to examine the work. Is responsible for proofreading all content leaving the agency.
- Assists in writing proposals, marketing plans, publicity, etc., as requested.
- Contributes original material to agency platforms on a regular basis.
- Maintains current software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
- Has a working knowledge of SEO and how to write to effective web optimization.
- Understand the principles and practices of content management and applies them to content development.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3+ years of copywriting experience
- A degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Business or similar field (or real world experience.)
- Proven track record of writing for web web based platforms and knowledge on social media platforms.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- You can self direct your own work but also plays well with others and can contribute to larger projects.
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Health Benefits
- Relocation support if required.
- Fitness membership support
If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please apply online.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creative Solutions That Matter