Mechanical Engineering Technologist or Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
TAG Engineering is seeking a Junior/Intermediate Engineering Technologist to join our multidisciplinary team of architects and engineers. Projects include small scale commercial work as well as mid to large scale educational, hospitality, and civic facilities. The successful candidate must have strong drafting capabilities and be able to work well in a team environment. Drafting work will primarily be related to mechanical engineering, but may occasionally include electrical engineering and architectural drawings. Other work will include design calculations, analysis, and sizing of equipment. The successful candidate will have some experience in the buildings design and construction field, and be expected to learn on the job under the direction of experienced engineers and architects.
Yellowknife is a youthful and active Northern community. As the hub for the Northwest Territories, Yellowknife has most of the amenities of any Southern city. Residents enjoy skiing, dogsledding, and snowmobiling in the winter, and in summer enjoy the extended daylight hours with music festivals, hiking, canoeing, and camping in the wilderness that is Yellowknife’s backyard. Our office is located in the heart of the historic Old Town community with a view of Great Slave Lake. Our location promotes a social, thoughtful, and diverse working environment.
- Work under the direction of an experienced team of mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and architects
- Preparation of construction drawings and schedules
- Coordinate drawings between engineering and architectural disciplines
- Complete calculations under the direction of a professional engineer
- Complete sizing of equipment, ductwork, and piping for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, fire protection and fuel systems
- Provide input into design reports
- Scheduling your time to meet deadlines for multiple projects at various stages with overlapping schedules
- Periodic reviews of local construction sites and writing of site review reports
- Potential for occasional travel to remote job sites in the Canadian Arctic
- Occasional writing of site review reports
Credentials and Skills:
- Graduate from a recognized Canadian or International technologist program (junior EITs with similar skill set may be considered)
- 1 to 5 Years of relevant work experience in the building design and construction sector
- Understanding of HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Systems
- Knowledge of biomass heating, propane, and fuel oil systems for small buildings would be an asset
- Building energy modeling experience would be an asset
- Strong skills in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Revit would be an asset
- Willingness to work collaboratively within a design team
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
Length of Contract:
Candidate will begin in February 2022. This is a full time (37.5 hr/week), permanent position located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
A moving expense stipend will be provided by TAG. Temporary housing is available upon arrival in Yellowknife until the candidate secures permanent housing.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and benefits to be commensurate with experience; full benefits package available.
Please be prepared to show proof of vaccination.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV, transcript, and samples of work to [email protected].
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Architecture, Engineering, Interiors, Planning, Design.