This job is no longer accepting applications.
We have a term position available for an Intern Architect in our Yellowknife office.
Whitehorse is a youthful and active Northern community. As the hub for Yukon Territory, Whitehorse has most of the amenities of any Southern city. Residents enjoy skiing, dogsledding, and snowmobiling in the winter, and in summer enjoy the extended daylight hours, hiking, canoeing, and camping in the wilderness that is Whitehorse’s backyard. Our office is located on the Yukon River with a view of the mountains beyond. Our location promotes a social, thoughtful, and diverse working environment.
TAG’s projects are located predominantly in remote communities across the three territories. Our team members are invited into unique travel opportunities across the high arctic. By nature of TAG’s history and context, our workplace is a welcoming, social, and dynamic team environment.
Projects include mid- to large-scale civic, educational, institutional, and residential facilities, as well as smaller-scale commercial projects. The successful candidate must have strong technical capabilities, leadership and project management skills, and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Assist with production of architectural construction drawings including site plans, plans, elevations, sections, and details
- Create digital models and renderings.
- Create physical models using hand tools and basic power tools.
- Undertake project research including cultural, site, and material investigations.
- Provide support to the project team lead on various activities such as coordination of sub-consultants, preparation of reports, attendance at project meetings, preparation of meeting minutes, and attendance at site reviews.
- Provide construction administration for projects under construction, including review of shop drawings, responding to contractor inquiries, and attending construction meetings. This work will be supervised by the team lead. TAG will provide in-house training for this duty, but expects a successful intern to learn on the job.
- Work will include occasional travel to remote communities in the Arctic and Sub-arctic; candidate should be comfortable with travel in small airplanes and driving on isolated roads. Adequate safety equipment for road travel will be provided.
Credentials and Skills:
- Graduate from an accredited Master of Architecture program in Canada or equivalent
- Demonstrated quality design work and ability to think outside of the box
- Skilled production of presentation & working drawings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; fluent in English
- Strong writing skills for reports and communication with clients and contractors
- Familiarity with AutoCAD is required; the ideal candidate will have significant AutoCAD experience
- Familiarity with Revit is required; the ideal candidate will have significant Revit experience
- Familiarity using 3D modeling programs is required
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative software (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) is an asset
Length of Contract:
Candidate will begin in February 2022. This is a full time (37.5 hr/week), one-year contract position located in Whitehorse, YT.
A moving expense stipend can be provided by TAG. Temporary housing is available upon arrival in Yellowknife until the candidate secures permanent housing.
Salary and benefits:
Salary and benefits to be commensurate with experience; full benefits package available.
All candidates must provide proof of vaccination.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and portfolio to [email protected].
Please include examples of construction drawings/details, as well as schematic design/concept drawings, and indicate which programs were used to generate the drawings shown. If possible, try to show examples from both Revit and AutoCAD.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Architecture, Engineering, Interiors, Planning, Design.